Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend Recap

Friday was excellent due to my DH coming home early from work but the strangest thing happened that night....my insomnia took over & I didn't go to bed Friday night. I did get some knitting done on my afghan & the socks though.

My DH appeared in the doorway of the living room at 4:30am in this & said:

DH: What are you doing?
Me: Knitting
DH: Why?
Me: Something to do
DH: Why aren't you in bed?
Me: Not tired
DH: Oh

He leaves the room for a few minutes (I hear the morning pee & teeth brushing ritual) & he reappears with a t-shirt, sweat shorts & slippers.

Me: What are you doing?
DH: I'm up
Me: I see that, why don't you go back to bed?
DH: I'm up
Me: I have a crazy idea. Are you hungry?
DH: I guess so
Me: Let's go get breakfast

So we did. Of course a few hours after we got home...I CRASHED! I slept about 4 hours & then just relaxed the rest of the day with a bit of knitting, movie-watching, etc.

We went & saw An American Haunting movie. If you like Exorcist-type movies, you'd like this one. I think DH liked it more than me although he said I jumped about 5 times. Yes, those cheap thrills can do that to a gal.

On Mother's Day I woke up to a present! I already have this, so my present was the perfect companion. I also got a Mother's Day card from Duke & Kya (the dogs) which was so cute. My DH treats me good for not being a real mom. The day was pretty low key but we did go to dinner at Midori for sushi.. YUM! We then stopped to buy groceries. I never shop here & now I know why -- they are very expensive compared to my usual grocery store! Although, they do carry my favorite potato chips in the whole world!! I normally buy this, but then I saw this & bought them instead (trying to be healthy). They're really not that good though & I wish I would've bought my favorite instead!

We got home just in time for DH to watch the series finale of Survivor and then for the first time in a very long time I went to bed before midnight and actually fell asleep.

No comments: