Monday, October 16, 2006

Anyone up for some charity knitting?

Is anyone joining me in charity knitting this holiday season?

The Red Scarf Project from Norma's blog, and Christmas Knits for One At A Time Ministries from Lynda's blog, are the two charities that I'm donating handmade knit items to. I've never sent any hand knit items to a charity before so I'm finding all of it very exciting.

I also thought scarves would be a great charity project for me right now. It's an easy item to add to my current list of projects (see my sidebar on the right) and since I chose a pattern for my first scarf that was easy for me to memorize, I can take it along with me and knit it anywhere. My current scarf is being knitted with Patons Shetland Chunky Tweed in the Deep Red colorway. It is very nice to work with & even though I consider myself sometimes a fiber-snob, I actually would like to receive a scarf knitted with this yarn.

I tried more times than I can count to upload the progress photos of this scarf, but blogger is being a P-I-T-A, so forget it. Hopefully the solution is fixed soon because my next post should be of completed socks!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to knit a couple scarves for the Red Scarf Project too! I also want to knit a few things for Project Valentine.