Tuesday, August 29, 2006

He won't poop, but I'm pooped!

GS1 has been gone for 2 days now & after resting yesterday, I'm finally feeling somewhat normal (whatever that is) . My mother was convinced that after spending the weekend with my grandson that I'd want children of my own. Are you kidding me? After spending a weekend with a 4-yr old that has boundless energy, I was never more convinced that I was smart in NOT having children of my own! I loved every minute of having him here for a few days, but felt very lucky that I don't have to do it full-time.

GS1: Graaaaaaandmaaaaaa
Me: What?
GS1: My tummy hurts.
Me: Do you have to poop?
GS1: Noooooooo
Me: Are you sure?
GS1: I only poop at home.
Me: Oh really? Well I think you should try to poop here.
GS1: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Me: Okay, well how would you like an apple?
Gs1: Okay

I FILLED him with apple slices until about an hour later when....

GS1: Grandma, my tummy REALLY hurts now.
Me: Well, if you go poop then it won't anymore
GS1: But.....I don't WANT to.
Me: Okay, suit yourself, but I think Grandpa had a really neat Power Ranger toy he was going to give you if you went poop.
GS1: (stands & stares at me for a minute & then he mutters & whimpers all the way into the bathroom)

30 seconds later....

GS1: (singing on toilet) "Power Rangers SPD, Power Rangers to the Rescue"
Me: (talking to DH) Honey, where's that Power Rangers t-shirt & toy we were going to give him for his birthday?

He was safely delivered to Mom & Dad Sunday night, but when I got home & looked in his room at his empty bed, a little pain of sadness hit me. I can't wait to have him here again!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Cute picture, cute grandson, cute story!!! I didn't know Rockem' Sockem' Robots were still around!