Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Change of Plans & July Question

I'm not going to post about the heat because who cares other than me that it's 10:10pm and 87 degrees INSIDE my house (and the a/c has been on ALL BLASTED DAY!)

I found out today that our plans have changed -- we're not moving. Keep in mind that DH & I have spent the last 6 weeks remodeling the house specifically to sell so that we can move. So why aren't we moving....lets just say that we have a BLACK mark on our credit that is stopping us. Then again, it's not a permanent black mark since it will be faded by the middle of May 2007.....then we can move!

On the plus side, I have new hardwood floors, in 50% of my home, the exterior of my home has been completely repainted, the laundry room has a new wall up to separate it from the kitchen AND I have recessed ligthing in the kitchen instead of that ugly flourescent lighting with the drop ceiling! YUCK! We're also getting a new fence on one side of our yard. If we wouldn't have planned on moving, then none of these projects would have been done!

DH is sabotaging my diet. I was supposed to weigh in today, but I got sidetracked with finishing our hardwood floors so I didn't. Anyway, he returned the rental equipment (compressor & table saw) to Home Depot & came home with 2 Oreo milkshakes -- my favorite. He commented that it would be something to cool us down since it was so hot. I didn't envision being cooled down, I pictured all the lumpty bumps the milkshake was going to create on my thighs! It sure tasted good though.

Question of the Month:
If you were given $100 to spend on anything related to knitting, what would it be, and why?

2 comments:

KnitPastis said...

It is going to be worth in when you finally sell your home after doing all that work. Love recessed lights! Sweet hubby too! I would spend my money on Koigu & Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarn.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the change in plans, but at least you can enjoy your home a little bit before you sell it!

$100 bucks eh? One word...Malabrigo!!