Tuesday, September 12, 2006

5 years

The anniversary of 9/11 had me pondering what my life was like 5 years ago & where it is today. What I realized is, a lot can happen in 5 years!

Back then I was a Sales Manager travelling all over the US making quite a large sum of money for someone my age, but I was alone. In fact, I was a divorcee, & the dating pool had a lot of bottom-feeders and sharks! The future career-wise looked bright, but my personal life was really in the toilet. I was travelling about 2 weeks out of each month (minimum) going from city to city making deals & being propositioned by clients. I'm sure to outsiders my career looked great, and financially it was, and I was physically in the best condition of my life so I was fairly attractive, but getting hit on by almost every Tom, Dick & Harry was infuriating! Sure they enjoyed the conversation, but really all they wanted was to get into my pants. I was tolerating it, but I knew I couldn't sustain it forever ... and I didn't.

Now, I'm happily married, in the worst shape of my life & I have no career... but I'm happy! I don't have the best looking body anymore, but DH still loves me. I have no career & no money at present, but DH says that he knows I'll work when I'm ready & he'll support us until then. I have no children (nor will I), but I have a wonderful step-daughter, son-in-law, 2 beautiful grandsons & a great friendship with my step-daughters mom (DH's ex-wife).

5 years later, I can honestly say, I'm happier than I've been in a long time! I can't wait to see what the next 5 years brings!

*The photo is of Grandma (me), Nana (DH's ex-wife) and the Grandkids at Disneyland on Sunday for Grandparents Day.

No comments: