Friday, January 19, 2007

Monkey Feet

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Source: Knitty.com Winter 2006
Yarn: Cherry Blossom Fibers handpainted merino sock yarn in Noblesse colorway
Needles: KnitPicks Circular Size 1 US
Modifications: I knit both socks at the same time from the toe up on two circular needles.
Notes: I personally believe this yarn doesn't work well with this pattern. Don't get me wrong, I really love the yarn and the pattern, but the yarn doesn't show off the beauty of the pattern & the pattern definitely doesn't show off the beauty of the yarn! I think the best part of knitting these was finally feeling like I'm getting the hang of knitting socks from the toe up. I know the best part is that I don't ever worry about running out of yarn anymore!


I feel like such a "joiner". I guess I may have needed something to motivate me in my fitness endeavors, so I joined Runagogo. By April 1st I have to run, jog, walk, swim, or whatever 100 miles. It sounds like a lot, but really, if you started the program January 1st, it’s only 3 miles a week. I can do that! Go ahead, click on the link, you know you should!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful socks!

Brena said...

Good luck on your Runagogo goals. You can do it! I've found that it's much easier to run miles than to swim miles!

Anonymous said...

I think the socks look fantastic. I do see what you mean about the pattern being kind of hard to see in that yarn, but I still think they look gorgeous!

Good luck with Runagogo!

Anonymous said...

knit yourself some running socks! I think they look great, honey

Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful! I've been wanting to try toe-up socks, but haven't yet done it. Soon, I think, soon.

Anonymous said...

Those socks are lovely! The pattern may get a little lost in the yarn, but so what? You should wear them with pride. Think how cushy your walking will be. :-)

Anonymous said...

I really like the socks that you did, they look beautiful! The pattern maybe doesn't really shine through so much through the yarn, but who cares - they're lovely anyway, absolutely!
All the best of luck with Runagogo!

Anonymous said...

The socks are lovely! I'm working on my first toe-up pair now, and can't believe that it took me so long to try it.

Anonymous said...

The pattern would've been more apparent in a lighter colorway, but I still think the socks look great! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

The pattern would've been more apparent in a lighter colorway, but I still think the socks look great! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

The pattern would've been more apparent in a lighter colorway, but I still think the socks look great! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

The pattern would've been more apparent in a lighter colorway, but I still think the socks look great! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

The pattern would've been more apparent in a lighter colorway, but I still think the socks look great! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

You are cracked, they are beautiful! Where are you btw, I've been trying to call since Sunday... :(