Friday, December 08, 2006

Yummy-ness

All the yummy yarn that keeps showing up on my doorstep is starting to make my head spin a little bit. Just look at this yummy-ness!


This is "Noblesse" from Cherry Blossom Fibers. Her Etsy site says that more yarn will be coming on December 11th, so I guess I better give DH my credit cards now! The yarn has a beautiful sheen to it & is oh so soft! I just wanted to cuddle it! I wonder what sock pattern will be worthy of it?

I'm finishing up a second hat for the Soaring Eagles Project. I decided that I'd keep charity knitting through today & then tomorrow would be one big mailing at the post office. In the past I completely avoided the post office in December, but last year while waiting around awhile I started people-watching. Nothing helps pass the time quicker than when you stop focusing on how long you have to wait, to guessing what's inside all the boxes cradled in peoples arms & then hearing the p.o. workers discuss where each box is shipping to.

I just couldn't resist sharing this photo of our Grandkids. I know it's a bit grainy (it's a photo of a photo), but that's because I'm not smart enough to figure out how to use my scanner correctly. I can scan the photo, but it won't save the photo in its original size. Maybe I should get out the instruction book? For Christmas, we're getting a whole mess of photos from my step-daughter. Now every room in my house will have these two cuties!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that yarn is beautiful... I'll have to watch for it.
Thanks for sharing!

Lynda said...

Such a cute picture - and what gorgeous yarn!

Carole Knits said...

I'm mailing 2 hats to Soaring Eagles tomorrow. And the grandkids are just so precious. I have 2 grandkids by marriage, too. Such fun, isn't it?!?

Carole Knits said...

Oh fer crying out loud, I already told you I knit two hats for SE. Blame it on holiday-mush-brain. Sorry!

Karen said...

Okay, based on that yarn, I should resist clicking the link to that Etsy site. But I know the minute I finish this comment - I will click right over. Right before Christmas too - you are so evil. But those little grandsons are angels!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I want to chew on that yarn, it looks so yummy and what cuuuute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, you got the Noblesse. I've been drooling over that one!

Love the photo of the grandkids -- what cuties!

Anonymous said...

You are so right, they are absolutely adorable!! I know what you mean about not knowing how to work the scanner, I think it was a stroke of pure luck that I was able to figure our out.
Pretty yarn, I've put my credit cards in a safe place too. ;)

abby said...

Very lovely yarn and very lovely family!