Friday, May 04, 2007

Snake River Socks

My May SAM 3 KAL socks are complete and these are also socks for my mother for Mothers Day. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until towards the end that a more appropriate pair should've been knit in spring colors, but since these are complete and there's no time to knit another pair, they will have to do.
Pattern: Snake River Socks
Pattern Source: PersistentIllusion.com
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Green Mountain Madness
Needles: (2) KnitPicks Circular size 1 US
Notes: This is my first time knitting with Cherry Tree Hill yarn and let me just tell you it will definitely not be my last. Although the colorway isn't one of my favorites, I must confess that the yarn was heavenly sliding through my hands to the needles. So far, this pattern has been one of my favorites not only because it was written toe-up for two circular needles, but because it was so simple to follow. These socks also fit my feet probably better than any I've ever knit. I suppose if they don't fit mom, she could send them back to me. I'll definitely keep this pattern in my sock binder to knit again in the future, but I'll probably add the yarn overs as in the inspired River Rapid Socks just for something new.

Those silly dogs of mine kept running through all my photos, so I thought I'd include one to show you. Although the photo of the socks isn't the best (and you have to deal with my hairy white legs), I just though it was fun to include a photo of what it's like to be out on my backyard patio.

Also, remember those stitch markers I've been bugging all of you about? Well Ana opened her new online store, so please go take a look around. I can't believe her low low prices!

23 comments:

Micki said...

Perfect socks! Your mom will be thrilled. I actually made River Rapids for my mom last Christmas. There must be something about this squiggly pattern that screams "mom."

If I had such cute "silly dogs," they'd be in all of my pictures. :)

Carole Knits said...

The socks are beautiful. I love that shade of blue.

Dave said...

I love those socks -- a perfect match of colour and pattern! I've had them on my "to do" list for a while, but now I'm even more inspired to move them up the queue.

Bianca said...

I love the colour of your socks. My compliments.

Diana @ Photodee said...

Oh, I absolutely love those socks in that color....don't kick yourself about spring colors!

abby said...

Your socks are beautiful! I have a skein of Cherry Tree in my stash, and I've been wondering what to do with it. Dilemma solved!

Laura said...

The socks are awesome, gf. Just beautiful. They look like they fit to perfection. I don't suppose you'll still have them around next week so I can see them IRL. They'll probably be sent off already. Sigh. But your mom'll love 'em.

Hi puppies! It's nice to have such good helpers. ;-)

jillian said...

Lovely! You know, I think Little Knits has some CTH supersock solids on sale :)

KeanaLee said...

Love the color that those socks are, I must get some of that yarn, cute puppies! They a funny.

Lara said...

The socks look great! You seriously amaze me with how quickly you knit them. It seems like everytime I check your blog there is a new pair!

I just started Diamondbacks with my Cherry Tree Hill and I LOVE the yarn. I will certainly use it again.

Teyani said...

love the socks- AND - the dogs running into the photo are great:-)

Emma said...

Great socks. I just love Cherry Tree Hill!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I mean, really and seriously: WOW!!! These socks are totally gorgeous - and they're perfect indeed: Perfect pattern, perfect colorway, and you've knit them up so beautifully! Congratulations, my friend! And hey: I love your dogs, that pic rocks big time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks. Your mother is very lucky!

I love working with CTH, too; it feels so nice.

Anonymous said...

They look great! Love the color. I think it's quite springy enough!

Thanks also for sending me the errata on the heel turn. The pattern has been fixed. :-)

kathy b said...

Oh Im going over to the online store THANKS.

Your socks for your mom are wonderful. Last year I made my mom a shawl. I didnt know she felt old wearing shawls. Socks would be good, but Im too late. You have a lucky mom

slyn said...

She's going to love them! They are so beautiful. I am definitely putting that pattern on my to do list when I get a little more skilled at this whole sock thing. I'm having trouble just getting started, again!

Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful!! I haven't seen that pattern before, but I love it! And, I think the colors are perfect for spring.

Karen said...

Fabulous socks, once again!! Isn't Ana's shop great? And btw, I got my stitch markers . . . and LOVE them already. Thanks for the great tip.

Brena said...

Beautiful beautiful socks! What a thoughtful daughter you are. I haven't worked with CTH yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Those stitch markers are fantastic. Maybe I'll order some for my secret pal!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi! Carole, of Carole Knits has recommended you for Special Swap, a very wonderful swap that I host, and of which Carole is a part. If you are interested in hearing the details, I'd love to have you consider joining us. You can email me at
lbrundag@rochester.rr.com
Your Socks are lovely!

Hasbu said...

These are beautiful. Your mom must be thrilled to get these.

YarnThing said...

Great socks! I still haven't finished the ones for today but I have some really good excuses! Really, I do! LOL

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com